New Horizons in Estate Planning
Wednesday 10/20 11:00am-12:00pm PT / 2:00pm-3:00pm ET
Estate planning is key component of financial and retirement planning. There are new estate planning considerations for financial professionals in light of the pandemic, the SECURE Act and proposed legislation, and an increasing emphasis on living versus death estate planning. This session will help you understand how the new horizons in today’s estate planning might affect retirement plans.
In “New Horizons in Estate Planning” by Steve Parrish, you will learn:
1. Hear an update as to why estate planning has changed significantly in the last three years, and how it may change yet again with possible legislation in a post- pandemic economy;
2. Learn eight estate planning considerations that represent new thinking in this discipline;
3. Discover actionable ideas to help build these estate planning considerations into your client’s financial and retirement plan.
What retirement professionals say about this course
• “Great overview of estate planning and reminder of the issues. I wish it could have been longer. The presenter was very knowledgeable.”
• “Re-thinking estate planning given new laws and potential tax changes”
• “The importance of end of life planning, having multiple streams of retirement income, and Roth IRA planning for the next generation.”
• “Excellent and timely presentation–thank you!”
Steve Parrish is the Co-Director of the Center for Retirement Income at The American College of Financial Services, where he also serves as an Adjunct Professor of Advanced Planning. He is also an Adjunct Professor of Estate Planning at Drake University Law School. With over 40 years’ experience as an attorney and financial planner, Parrish frequently addresses the financial challenges of individuals, business owners and executives nationwide.
Steve Parrish is an expert on retirement, estate, and business owner succession planning. He is a recognized industry authority, spokesperson and author serving as an ongoing columnist for Forbes.com.
**This program is approved for 1.00 hour of CFP® CE Credit**