The New Retirement Reality | Michael Finke, Ph.D.
Wed, Jun 21, 2023 11:00 am
Wednesday, June 21, 2023 | 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDT
Advisors often view retirement income planning through the lens of the 4% rule but changes in longevity and a lower-return environment challenge conventional wisdom about safe withdrawal rates. This presentation will discuss what it means to take risk with an investment portfolio in retirement, how high prices for bonds and stocks will impact withdrawal rate projection, and the importance of creating a plan for funding essential expenses. The presentation will conclude with strategies to deal with a new retirement reality to maximize income from retirement wealth.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Is the 4% rule dead?
- Historical returns versus future returns
- Market risk and income failure
- Spending retirement savings
- Retirement income from bonds
Fitting Home Equity into a Retirement Income Strategy | Presented by Wade Pfau, Ph.D., CFA
Mon, Apr 18
Wed, May 18, 2022 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDT
How can reverse mortgages be used to better secure retirement?
In the early days, reverse mortgages were generally treated as a last resort option after other resources were depleted, or as a way to obtain quick access to a large lump-sum of assets. This is not the appropriate way to think about reverse mortgages in a retirement income plan, especially in light of recent research.
The reverse mortgage option should be viewed as a method for responsible retirees to create liquidity for an otherwise illiquid asset, which in turn can create new options that potentially support a more efficient retirement income strategy (more spending and/or a greater legacy). Financial advisors must pay attention to their client’s home equity, as this is a vital asset that can be used as part of a coordinated strategy to improve retirement outcomes.
In “Fitting Home Equity into a Retirement Income Strategy" by Wade Pfau, you will learn:
1. An overview of retirement income planning, which sets the context for understanding the potential role of reverse mortgages
2. The basics for how reverse mortgages work
3. Potential uses for a reverse mortgage
4. Ways to coordinate the line of credit use with distributions from the investment portfolio
5. How to think about the reverse mortgage line of credit as a form of insurance to protect against market losses or declines in the home value.
Wade D. Pfau, Ph.D., CFA, RICP®, is the program director of the Retirement Income Certified Professional® designation and a Professor of Retirement Income at The American College of Financial Services in King of Prussia, PA, as well as a co-director of the college’s Center for Retirement Income. As well, he is a Principal and Director for McLean Asset Management and RISA, LLC. He holds a doctorate in economics from Princeton University and has published more than sixty peer-reviewed research articles in a wide variety of academic and practitioner journals.
Determining Your Clients’ Retirement Income Style | Wade Pfau, Ph.D., CFA, RICP
Wed, May 17
11:00AM - 12:00PM PDT
Lifestyle Home Loan Realtor Certification Course
Thu, May 25
10:00 AM PDT - 12:00 PM PDT
HECM for Purchase Realtor Certification Course
Thu, Dec 16
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 16TH: 12PM - 2PM PT
Learn how you can sell more homes by offering the HECM for Purchase Program to your clients 62+. Imagine showing someone how to purchase their Dream Home with as little as 50-60% down and never having to pay a monthly mortgage payment!
You will learn:
• A hidden opportunity most real estate professionals are missing and what it means to you, your clients and your business
• How to sell more homes and dramatically increase your commission
• 10 things you should know about the HECM for Purchase Program
• Why traditional financing or paying cash may sabotage your client’s retirement
• 16+ Frequently Asked Questions
• How to create a competitive advantage over other real estate professionals that boomers see immediately
• Why 52 million boomers aren’t using your services and how to change their mind