HECM for Purchase Realtor Certification Course
April 22nd, 8am-10am PST
Learn how you can sell more homes by offering the HECM for Purchase Program to your clients 62+. Imagine showing someone how to purchase their Dream Home with as little as 50-60% down and never having to pay a monthly mortgage payment!
You will learn:
• A hidden opportunity most real estate professionals are missing and what it means to you, your clients and your business
• How to sell more homes and dramatically increase your commission
• 10 things you should know about the HECM for Purchase Program
• Why traditional financing or paying cash may sabotage your client’s retirement
• 16+ Frequently Asked Questions
• How to create a competitive advantage over other real estate professionals that boomers see immediately
• Why 52 million boomers aren’t using your services and how to change their mindRegister Here
Best Practices for Retirement Income – hosted by Wade Pfau
As the baby boomers reach retirement, advisors must solve new problems for clients. As clients shift their focus from maximizing wealth to creating sustainable retirement income, clients face a greater range of risks, and clients increasingly must solve a complex lifetime financial problem. Key retirement risks include longevity risk, market and the newly emergent sequence of returns risk, and personal spending shock risks. Each risk requires different income tools and risk management techniques. Two distinct schools of thought have emerged within the retirement income world: probability-based approaches and safety-first approaches. This presentation considers how different retirement income tools can be combined to build more efficient retirement strategies in a way that best integrates aspects from both schools of thought.
In this one-hour session, you will:
• Differentiate between the accumulation and distribution phases of retirement planning
• Understand key retirement risks
• Survey the retirement tool landscape with respect to investments and/or insurance.
Wade D. Pfau, Ph.D., CFA, RICP, is the curriculum director of the Retirement Income Certified Professional designation and a Professor of Retirement Income at The American College of Financial Services in King of Prussia, PA. He is also a Principal and Director for McLean Asset Management. He holds a doctorate in economics from Princeton University and publishes frequently in a wide variety of academic and practitioner research journals on topics related to retirement income. He hosts the Retirement Researcher website, and is a contributor to Forbes, Advisor Perspectives, Journal of Financial Planning, and an Expert Panelist for the Wall Street Journal. He is the author of the books, Safety-First Retirement Planning: An Integrated Approach for a Worry-Free Retirement, How Much Can I Spend in Retirement? A Guide to Investment-Based Retirement Income Strategies, and Reverse Mortgages: How to Use Reverse Mortgages to Secure Your Retirement.Register Here
Estimating the True Cost of Retirement – Presented by David Blanchett
Retirement is the most expensive “purchase” faced by most individuals… In order to properly forecast the value of assets during retirement, it is important to consider several other variables when estimating a person’s total retirement liability, such as their optimal replacement rate, their forecasted retirement period, and what it truly means to fail (or succeed). Retirement professionals need to have a framework for understanding and projecting retirement costs for each client, and a process for better estimating the true cost of retirement.
In this one-hour session, you will learn:
· Gain a better understanding of the key variables required to estimate the cost of retirement
· Learn of a more effective approach for calculating an income replacement rate
· Learn of a better spending model to help you understand how expenses tend to change throughout retirement and the implications of these changes on the retirement need
· Explore how efficient accumulation portfolios are not the same as efficient retirement portfolios
About Our Speaker:
David M. Blanchett, PhD, CFA, CFP® is head of retirement research for Morningstar Investment Management LLC, where he helps develop and maintain methodologies relating to wealth forecasting, general financial planning, automated investment selection, and portfolio assignment. He has published over 100 papers in a variety of industry and academic journals.
David is currently an Expert Panelist for the Wall Street Journal, an Adjunct professor of Wealth Management at The American College, a member of the Executive Committee for the Defined Contribution Institutional Investment Association, and a member of the ERISA Advisory Council.Register Here