Sr. Loan Officer | Home Equity Retirement Specialist
4860 Cox Rd, Ste. 200 Glen Allen, VA 23060
Sr. Loan Officer | Home Equity Retirement Specialist | NMLS# 202268
After earning a degree in Business Finance from Old Dominion University, Karen began a career in commercial real estate, spending nearly 20 years in the industry. In 2005, she made the decision to try something new and entered the mortgage lending arena focusing her efforts exclusively on the FHA Reverse Mortgage/HECM channel.
Nationally recognized, Karen is one of 105 loan officers who holds her industry’s top honor, the Certified Reverse Mortgage Professional (CRMP) designation. This highly coveted achievement was awarded by the National Reverse Mortgage Lender’s Association, signifying a level of expertise, integrity and professionalism.
Karen has a way of explaining the HECM program which puts the client at ease. Her approachable manner allows the client to be an active participant every step of the way. Karen listens intently, educates thoroughly and acts quickly on her clients behalf.
Common Examples of What a HECM Can Help You Do
- Purchase a new home to fit your lifestyle needs
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying off existing mortgage
- Enhance your cash flow
- Create an emergency fund
- Fund for home repairs or upgrades
- Fund the expense for caregivers, live-in nurses, or other in-home care
- Protect your retirement portfolio
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying debt
- Incorporate housing wealth into your retirement plan
- Increase cash to help ensure monthly bills are paid
- Reduce the burden of out-of-pocket healthcare costs
- Have the cash for a large expense, such as a vacation or vehicle