Business Development Manager
Wyncote, PA 19095
Don Graves, RICP®, CLTC®, CSA® Certified Senior Advisor, is the business development manager for Mutual of Omaha Reverse Mortgage. He is also an best selling Author, and Instructor of Retirement Income at The American College of Financial Services. He is considered one of the nation’s leading educators on incorporating housing wealth into retirement income planning.
Don’s specialty is his ability to summarize more than 20,000 advisor/client engagements over two decades into practical, easily to implement, back-of-the-napkin, common sense concepts. His strategies help assets mangers, insurance agents and hybrid advisors attract new clients, strengthen existing client relationships, and generate more revenue.
Don has been quoted in Forbes Magazine, featured on PBS-sponsored shows and recognized as one of the American College’s Top 11 Retirement Income leaders you need to read.
His book: Housing Wealth: 3 Ways the New Reverse Mortgage Is Changing Retirement Income Conversations reached the Amazon #1 spot for New Releases in the Financial Services category in its 3rd week online.
As both an educator and a skilled practitioner, Don has a unique perspective that very few share, and as a Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®), Long Term Care Specialist CLTC® and Certified Senior Advisor, he understands the powerful principles and strategies regarding retirement income planning, its design, intent, risks and limitations. He is masterful in showing how and where housing wealth/reverse mortgages intersect with retirement income planning. He is a sought-after professional speaker, and his workshops are helping advisors across the country to grow their practices.
Common Examples of What a HECM Can Help You Do
- Purchase a new home to fit your lifestyle needs
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying off existing mortgage
- Enhance your cash flow
- Create an emergency fund
- Fund for home repairs or upgrades
- Fund the expense for caregivers, live-in nurses, or other in-home care
- Protect your retirement portfolio
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying debt
- Incorporate housing wealth into your retirement plan
- Increase cash to help ensure monthly bills are paid
- Reduce the burden of out-of-pocket healthcare costs
- Have the cash for a large expense, such as a vacation or vehicle