Reverse Mortgage Specialist
Dallas, Texas 75240
Reverse Mortgage Specialist | NMLS# 1468380
- The HECM Program
- The HECM for Purchase Program
“The reverse mortgage is a valuable financial planning tool that allows people to stay in the homes and communities they love and offers older homeowners a more secure retirement.”
– Gary Upchurch
Gary Upchurch has a background in financial services and insurance, and he started in the reverse mortgage industry over 6 years ago. He draws upon his experiences and understanding of older homeowners and has built a reputation based on knowledge, compassion, and professionalism. Gary’s enthusiasm for the reverse mortgage is genuine. “It gives me a sense of deep satisfaction to see how a reverse mortgage can help my clients live the retirement they envision,” he says.
Gary prides himself on his ability to understand his clients so he can best assess their financial needs and goals. “I listen carefully to what the client wants to accomplish by taking out a reverse mortgage. I then share honestly the benefits as well as the risks. I want them to make decisions that are best for their individual situation,” Gary states.
He and his wife enjoy water sports, gardening, and spending time with their children and grandchildren. Gary enjoys home remodeling and acting as the neighborhood ‘handyman’ for the older adults in his community.
Common Examples of What a HECM Can Help You Do
- Purchase a new home to fit your lifestyle needs
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying off existing mortgage
- Enhance your cash flow
- Create an emergency fund
- Fund for home repairs or upgrades
- Fund the expense for caregivers, live-in nurses, or other in-home care
- Protect your retirement portfolio
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying debt
- Incorporate housing wealth into your retirement plan
- Increase cash to help ensure monthly bills are paid
- Reduce the burden of out-of-pocket healthcare costs
- Have the cash for a large expense, such as a vacation or vehicle