Jim Warns has been in the mortgage industry for more than 30 years. He owned his own mortgage brokerage company for 10 years before making the decision to focus exclusively on reverse mortgages in 2007.
Jim was originating loans through Retirement Funding Solutions (RFS) when it was acquired by Mutual of Omaha in 2018. While RFS still functions as DBA, in 2019, the brand transitioned to Mutual of Omaha Mortgage. (Mutual of Omaha Reverse Mortgage officially operates under the Mutual of Omaha Mortgage name.)
As a specialist in the field, Jim collaborates with financial advisors, elder law and estate planning attorneys, and other professionals with the goal of exploring how to use housing wealth proactively as part of the retirement planning process.
Jim gives Continuing Education (CE) presentations on reverse mortgages to financial planners as well as Virginia insurance agents and attorneys. Jim has also presented to various community organizations and teaches three recurring reverse mortgage education classes as a volunteer instructor for senior consumers at the local Chesterfield Lifelong Learn Institute.
Jim currently is or was also involved with the following organizations:
- Chesterfield Council on Aging. Jim formerly served as Vice-Chair and currently serves as a Chairperson.
- RVA Better Aging Forum. Founding board member and former Education Director.
- Financial Planning Association of Central Virginia. Board member.
- RVA Senior Resource Group. A member.
- Richmond Senior Network. A member.
- Health Community Resources Network (HCRN). The former president and current treasurer.
Jim holds both undergraduate and graduate degrees in business from The College of William & Mary and lives in Richmond, Virginia.
If you are looking for a Virginia reverse mortgage specialist near you, give Jim a call directly at 1-804-714-8007or fill out the form on this page to get started.