Reverse Mortgage Specialist
Reverse Mortgage Specialist | NMLS# 506555
- Reverse Mortgages
- JUMBO Reverse Mortgages
- Reverse Mortgage Refinances
- Proprietary Reverse Mortgages
- The HECM Program
- HECM to HECM Refinances
Jim has been in the mortgage industry for more than 20 years, and owned his own mortgage brokerage company for 10 years before making the decision to focus exclusively on reverse mortgages in 2008.
He gives Continuing Education (CE) presentations on reverse mortgages to financial planners as well as Virginia insurance agents and attorneys. He has also presented on the subject to various community organizations and teaches three recurring classes for senior consumers at a local Lifelong Learning Institute in Chesterfield County, Virginia.
Jim is a past Vice-Chair and Chairperson of the Chesterfield Council on Aging, a founding board member and past Education Director of the RVA Better Aging Forum, a board member of the Central Virginia Chapter of the Financial Planning Association and an active member of several other senior service-oriented organizations.
Jim holds both undergraduate and graduate degrees in business from The College of William & Mary and lives in Richmond, Virginia.
Common Examples of What a HECM Can Help You Do
- Purchase a new home to fit your lifestyle needs
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying off existing mortgage
- Enhance your cash flow
- Create an emergency fund
- Fund for home repairs or upgrades
- Fund the expense for caregivers, live-in nurses, or other in-home care
- Protect your retirement portfolio
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying debt
- Incorporate housing wealth into your retirement plan
- Increase cash to help ensure monthly bills are paid
- Reduce the burden of out-of-pocket healthcare costs
- Have the cash for a large expense, such as a vacation or vehicle