Reverse Mortgage Specialist
Ormond Beach, Florida 32174
Serving North Florida from Jacksonville
Reverse Mortgage Specialist | NMLS# 450841
- Proprietary Reverse Mortgages
- The HECM for Purchase Program
Marshall is a native of northeast Florida. He experienced “rightsizing” with his parents as they retired in 1960. This gave him first-hand knowledge of enhancing retirement. After graduating from Keystone Heights High School in 1969 and the University of Florida in 1973, his mortgage banking career began in the same area. During the 1980’s and 1990’s Marshall built two successful local mortgage banking companies. In that effort he was approved by FNMA, FHA and VA as a mortgage loan underwriter.
In 2006 he took an area sales manager role for the leading reverse mortgage banking company of that time, Wells Fargo. Soon he became a Certified Reverse Mortgage Professional. That designation recognizes professionalism, knowledge and experience in the field.
In 2015, Marshall and his wife Kathy moved to their “lifestyle” home in Nocatee and their reverse mortgage has been very important to enhancing their finances. As their mothers advanced in age and went through the stages of living at home, to assisted and on, they got an in-depth look at that phase of life. Researching options for them was personally very helpful for Marshall and Kathy and the needs of careful advance planning for that eventuality.
Marshall has been very active with the Mortgage Bankers Association through all his career and more recently the Financial Planners Association. The education at Financial Planners Association meetings has been to build their practice and Marshall has benefitted by his attendance to learn more about that process for the planners’ clients.
Marshall and Kathy’s reverse mortgage credit line has been the great “shock absorber” in their financial journey. It has also helped in tax planning and when to begin drawing social security. These are strategies Marshall has learned through his CRMP career and working with financial planners.
Don’t you think it would be helpful for you to take advantage of that experience to learn how a reverse mortgage may help you enhance your retirement?
Common Examples of What a HECM Can Help You Do
- Purchase a new home to fit your lifestyle needs
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying off existing mortgage
- Enhance your cash flow
- Create an emergency fund
- Fund for home repairs or upgrades
- Fund the expense for caregivers, live-in nurses, or other in-home care
- Protect your retirement portfolio
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying debt
- Incorporate housing wealth into your retirement plan
- Increase cash to help ensure monthly bills are paid
- Reduce the burden of out-of-pocket healthcare costs
- Have the cash for a large expense, such as a vacation or vehicle