Reverse Mortgage Advisor
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
Reverse Mortgage Advisor | NMLS# 180766
- Reverse Mortgages
- Reverse Mortgage for Purchase
- Reverse Mortgage Refinances
- The HECM Program
- The HECM for Purchase Program
- HECM to HECM Refinances
Michael A. Birk, MBA, CSA is a Registered Financial Gerontologist, Certified Senior Advisor and Reverse Mortgage Consultant dedicated to providing financial options to seniors since 2004.
As the President of Aging in Place Consultants, Michael was able to utilize his extensive experience in mortgage banking to help seniors assess their personal financial situations and find the solutions that are available to them to achieve their goals. Michael specializes in reverse mortgages, which allow homeowners, 62 years or older to access some of the equity they have in their homes or to be able to purchase homes for a fraction of the purchase price with no mortgage payment owed.
Michael is a graduate of the University of Michigan and received his MBA in Finance from Michigan State University. On a national level, he is a member of the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA), the Society of Certified Senior Advisors (SCSA) , the American Institute of Financial Gerontology (AIFG) and the National Advisory Council for Aging in Place.
As a member of the Senior Resource Network of Las Vegas, Seniors and Law Enforcement Together (SALT), the Aging Services Directors Organization (ASDO), and the Alzheimer’s Association Memory Walk Committee, he has an extensive network of professional senior service providers who work together to assist seniors achieve their retirement goals.
As a recognized senior service provider and educator in the community, Michael has been the guest speaker at several community and professional organizations including the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA), local senior centers, chapters of The Lions Club and AARP, Las Vegas Senior Lifeline, Wealth Strategies Group, Sierra Health Services Volunteer Training Program, Nevada Seniors Coalition, and as a member of panels in a series dedicated to educating seniors on various aspects of aging.
Common Examples of What a HECM Can Help You Do
- Purchase a new home to fit your lifestyle needs
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying off existing mortgage
- Enhance your cash flow
- Create an emergency fund
- Fund for home repairs or upgrades
- Fund the expense for caregivers, live-in nurses, or other in-home care
- Protect your retirement portfolio
- Reduce monthly expenses by paying debt
- Incorporate housing wealth into your retirement plan
- Increase cash to help ensure monthly bills are paid
- Reduce the burden of out-of-pocket healthcare costs
- Have the cash for a large expense, such as a vacation or vehicle