Gray Divorce: The Platinum Challenge – Presented by Lili A. Vasileff
Wednesday, December 9, 2020 11:00am-12:00pm PT / 2:00pm-3:00pm ET
Every 10 seconds a Boomer turns 60 years old. Gray divorce is what many boomers face, as the divorce rate has doubled since 1994 among U.S. adults over age 50. Contrary to expectations, long term marriages are not immune, and the largest increase (55%) is in first time marriages of over 20 years. This session will help advisors understand what Boomers want, what Boomers experience, and what the consequences of gray divorce are relating to financial security. You will also better understand what older women want from their advisors and how to work with them.
In this one-hour session you will:
• Learn about the triggers for gray divorce
• Recognize the challenges Boomers face at this stage of life and how divorce further complicates financial security, especially for women
• Learn about the divorce process, financial issues in divorce, and decision-making within the context of the law
• Recognize how COVID-19 affects the divorce process and adds stressors
• Identify eight key areas for discussion with your clients going through divorce that must not be overlooked
• Identify and illuminate opportunities for clients to maximize cash flow, divide assets and preserve wealth unique to the divorce process.
About our Speaker: Lili A. Vasileff is a fee only Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF™) specializing in Matrimonial Litigation, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®), and President of Wealth Protection Management based in Greenwich, CT. She is a trained mediator, collaborative financial specialist, and qualified litigation expert. She is a nationally recognized expert practitioner, speaker, writer, and author of three books, including, Money & Divorce: The Essential Roadmap to Mastering Financial Decisions published by the American Bar Association. Lili is also the co-president of the national Association of Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP).