GUARANTEED INCOME: THE FORGOTTEN HOUSEHOLD ASSET – WITH SPEAKER DAVID BLANCHETT
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8TH: 11AM-12PM PT
Guaranteed income is the largest financial asset for most retirees, yet it’s role in a financial plan is generally quite minor, treated simply as a cash flow that can be used to fund the retirement liability.
Explore why financial planners need to consider guaranteed income more fully, since doing can have significant implications on optimal investing and spending strategies. Topics about guaranteed income discussed include: its role on the balance sheet, its impact on portfolios, how it affects optimal spending strategies, and why it’s worth more than other assets, especially today.
In “Guaranteed Income: The Forgotten Household Asset” by David Blanchett, you will:
- Summarize how to evaluate the benefit of guaranteed income and why the probability success is the wrong metric to assess its value.
- Distinguish how guaranteed income should be considered as part of a balance sheet and statement of cash flows.
- Realize the impact of guaranteed income on optimal spending strategies, including a review of how it is more valuable asset than a traditional portfolio, especially in today’s environment.
What retirement professionals say about this course
- “Great webinar! An excellent explanation of annuities in the guaranteed income picture.”
- “A reminder to re-frame how income annuities are presented.
David M. Blanchett, PhD, CFA, CFP® is head of retirement research for Morningstar Investment Management LLC. In this role, he helps develop and
maintain methodologies relating to wealth forecasting, general financial planning, automated investment selection, and portfolio assignment for Morningstar Investment Management LLC. Prior to joining Morningstar, he was the Director of Consulting and Investment Research for the Retirement Plan Consulting Group at Unified Trust Company. He has published over 100 papers in a variety of industry and academic journals.